Monday, November 19, 2012

Open Your Heart PTU Animated

Watch out!

I see you on the street and you walk on by
You make me wanna hang my head down and cry
If you gave me half a chance you'd see
My desire burning inside of me
But you choose to look the other way
I've had to work much harder than this
For something I want don't try to resist me

Open your heart to me, baby
I hold the lock and you hold the key
Open your heart to me, darlin'
I'll give you love if you, you turn the key

I think that you're afraid to look in my eyes
You look a little sad boy, I wonder why
I follow you around but you can't see
You're too wrapped up in yourself to notice
So you choose to look the other way
Well, I've got something to say
Don't try to run I can keep up with you
Nothing can stop me from trying, you've got to...

Madonna


This tutorial was written by me on November 19th, 2012. Any resemblance to any other tutorial or tag is unintentional and is pure coincidence. Please do not claim my work as your own and do not post to any other website, blog or forum without permission from me. It is written with the assumption that you have a working knowledge of PSP and its components. It was written for PSP 9.

recommend that you read through this or any tutorial you are attempting before starting it so you will know what to expect and how to get organized.

As with any of my tutorials when a plugin is required, change only the settings I recommend and leave the others on the default settings.

What you will need to accomplish this tutorial is this stunning tube due to be released this week by Barbara Jensen on her site HERE.  She has two other gorgeous tubes coming out as well plus a Bonus tube you get when you spend $10 on tubes.  This absolutely beautiful kit is coming too from Crazy Carita, it's called Ruby Red.  You can get it from Barb's site as well.  Please support the arts and DO NOT use Barb's tubes without a license, and certainly do not share her tubes or this kit.  Mask is a Zuzanna mask which you can download from here page HERE.  Plugins are Alien Skin Eye Candy 5/Impact, Eye Candy 4000, Xenofex 2 and Xero.  Fonts are Alien League you can get HERE, Alpha Taurus Pro Italic HERE, and for the name it's Albemerle Swash you can get HERE.

Let's get started...

First start a new white 700 x 700 image which we will resize in the end.  Add a new Raster layer, resize 80% and apply your mask...merge group.  Copy and paste el13, the circle frame over the mask and give it a slight drop shadow.  Then copy and paste paper 2 below your frame, resize 50% and then grab your Selection tool set to Circle with about a 10% feather and select the areas beneath the frame and hit delete to get rid of any of the paper outside the frame.

Copy and paste el25 above your frame...duplicate it twice for a total of three, hide the two top layers and select the original in your layer palette.  Go to Effects/Xenofex 2/Constellation and use these settings:



Select the middle layer, you don't have to make it visible unless you need to to help you keep up...go to Effects/Constellation and use the same settings only hitting the Random Seed button once...repeat for the last layer.  Then on each layer add a fairly dark drop shadow...I used these settings:


Copy and paste el23 above the chain link element and place it to the left of your frame, duplicate and mirror, give each a drop shadow.  Copy and paste el4 above those and make them in varying sizes and scatter them over the 'twig' element...don't forget your drop shadows.

Over this element copy and paste el27 and flip it, place it to the left of your work...duplicate and mirror, give each a drop shadow.  

Using my image as a reference for size and placement copy and paste the remaining elements and don't forget drop shadows.

At this point copy and paste your tube on top of your canvas.  Use your Selection tool with about a 40% feather set on Ellipse and select the lower portion of your tube and hit delete to smooth out the bottom.  If you find your work is showing through from beneath, leave your selection where it is and in your palette select those layers and hit delete to clear them.

On your tube layer, go to Adjust/Automatic Saturation Enhancement and use these settings:


Now go to Effects/Plugins/Xero/Radiance and use these settings:


For the wordart use Alpha Taurus Pro Italic and type in black the words
I hold the lock
You hold the key
Give it a slight drop shadow and then go to Effects/Plugins/Eye Candy 4000/Corona and use these settings:



Now with Alien League type in red Open Your Heart to Me, use the same Corona only change the color to black.

Add your name with the Albemerle Swash and give it a pretty dark drop shadow.  Add your copyright taking care that it is legal and legible and we will animate and finish.

Open Animation Shop (AS) and go back to PSP.  With the original chain link element visible in your layer palette, hold down CTRL + SHIFT and hit C to copy merged and go back to AS and hit CTRL +  v to paste a new animation....back to PSP, hide the original chain link layer, unhide the middle...hold down CTRL + SHIFT and hit C to copy merged...back to AS...this time hold down CTRL + SHIFT and hit L to paste after current frame...back to PSP and repeat for the last chain link layer.  Check your work, View/Animation...if you're happy, resize, save as a .gif and you're done.

Thank you for trying my tutorial, I so hope you had fun with it and maybe even learned something to hone your PSP skills.  Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or issues with any of my tutorials.

Blessings,

Trese

No comments: