Sunday, August 26, 2012

Scent of a Woman PTU

SCENT OF A WOMAN

This tutorial was written by me on August 26th, 2012. Any resemblance to any other tutorial or tag is unintentional and is pure coincidence. Please do not claim my work as your own and do not post to any other website, blog or forum without permission from me. It is written with the assumption that you have a working knowledge of PSP and its components. It was written for PSP 9.

I recommend that you read through this or any tutorial you are attempting before starting it so you will know what to expect and how to get organized.

As with any of my tutorials when a plugin is required, change only the settings I recommend and leave the others on the default settings.

What you will need to accomplish this tutorial is this sexy tube by Barbara Jensen which you can purchase on her site HERE.  This stunningly romantic type kit called Portrait of a Rose by Tootypup Scrapz which you can purchase HERE at Designer Scraps.  Please support the arts and DO NOT use Barbara's tubes without a license and don't share tubes or this scrap kit.  Two brushes I have supplied HERE.  Plugins are Alien Skin Eye Candy 5/Impact, Eye Candy 4000, Toadies and Penta.  Font is A&S Edoras Chisel.

Let's get started....

First let's get your brushes into PSP.  Open both I supplied into PSP then go up to File/Export/Custom Brush.  Name and save them.

Now start a 700 x 700 new white image.  Copy and paste Vintage Frame Plain 2 into your new image and then resize it 40%.  Copy and paste paper of choice beneath this frame layer...I used Paper 1.  Resize the paper 50% and then use your Raster Deform tool and drag the edges of the paper to fit into your frame.  For coloring my paper I went to Adjust/Hue and Saturation/Colorize and used these settings:


Add a light drop shadow to your frame.

Next use your Preset tool and draw two rectangles beneath the paper layer...one black and one pink.  Paste the close up tube and fit her face into the black rectangle.  Then in your layer palette select the black rectangle layer and then grab your Magic Wand with a feather of 50%.  Go back to the close up tube layer and then up to Selections/Invert and hit delete several times.  Your work should appear like this so far....


I used my Raster Deform tool and resized my frame by stretching it up a bit.

At this point copy and paste your tube into your working image on the top of your canvas.  Resize it 70% and place it to the left of your frame.  For the bottom of your tube on her legs, use your Selection tool with a feather of about 50%, select the very tip of her legs and hit delete.

Now go to Adjust/Automatic Saturation Enhancement and use these settings:


Then go to Effects/Plugins/Alien Skin Eye Candy 5/Impact/Perspective Shadow and use these settings:


 (You can tweak your shadows by moving the nodes around in the preview window. To move one node at a time hold down your CTRL key. You can move the whole shadow by holding down your right mouse button and clicking in the middle of the shadow.  It's very important to think about how a shadow would be cast realistically and how dark or how light it should be. This plugin is one of my favorites and one I use with nearly every single one of my tags.)

Using my image as a reference begin to copy and paste the rest of the elements into your canvas.  For precise sizing I use my Raster Deform tool.  It also near eliminates the distortion or pixelation that happens when resizing in percentages at times, depending how large or how small you go.  Don't forget to add slight drop shadows to each and for the elements you want to appear more dimensional use the Perspective Shadow plugin.

For what appears to be a mask is indeed the brushes.  Use brush 1 and paint a few times down one side, then duplicate and mirror to make your mask...merge the two layers together.  Add another layer and use brush 2 and repeat what you just did with brush 1.

At this point hide the background layer and the brushes layers in your layer palette and then Merge/Visible the remaining layers.  Unhide the hidden layers.

Duplicate the layers you just merged together.  Select the original merged layers in your layer palette and then go to Effects/Plugins/Toadies/Blast 'em and use these settings:



Then go back up to Effects/Plugins/Toadies/Blur 'em and use these settings:



Next, in your layer palette select the duplicated merged layers and then go to Effects/Plugins/Eye Candy 4000/Corona and use these settings:



Now for you name once you've type it (for crisp edges on your fonts, set your Antialias to Sharp) go to Effects/Plugins/Alien Skin Eye Candy 5/Impact/Chrome and use these settings:



Duplicate your name and on the duplicated layer go up to Adjust/Hue and Saturation/Colorize and use the same settings as you did for your paper.  Merge the two name layers together, rotate 90 degrees to the left and then give them a drop shadow by going to Effects/3D Effects/Drop Shadow and use these settings:



Now rotate back to the right 90 degrees and then go to Effects/Plugins/Eye Candy 4000/Corona and use these settings:



Add your copyright.  Take care that your copyright is legal and legible.  For a neat and professional-looking copyright I use pixel or copy fonts...some of these fonts are also called Ceriph fonts.  You can google and find hundreds of these fonts.  Most of them work best with your Antialias set to off and at size 6...although, I have found that if I am putting these fonts on a curve setting my antialias to sharp or smooth will make it look better.  Resize and save as a .png or .jpeg and you're done.

I'm glad you tried my tutorial and I hope you had fun with it and maybe learned something to hone your PSP skills.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have about any of my tutorials and please let me know about issues with broken links, etc.

Blessings,

Trese

No comments: