Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Hint of Beauty PTU

Flowers...are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1844

This tutorial was written by me on May 15th, 2012. Any resemblance to any other tutorial or tag is unintentional and is pure coincidence. Please do not claim my work as your own and do not post to any other website, blog or forum without permission from me. It is written with the assumption that you have a working knowledge of PSP and its components. I wrote it for PSP 9, but it should be compatible with most versions.

I recommend that you read through this or any tutorial you are attempting before starting it so you will know what to expect and how to get organized.  

As with any of my tutorials when a plugin is required, change only the settings I recommend and leave the others on the default settings.

What you will need to accomplish this tutorial is the Package by the wonderful art of the Vintage Angel and Ladyhawwk Designs Package 8 which you can purchase at Creative Design Outlet HERE.  Oh my goodness, you will not be disappointed with these amazing tubes or this stunning kit by my friend Ladyhawwk Designs...hugs honey...thank you for your talents, I adore this kit and these tubes.  Mask by me Trese Mask0048 which you can find right here on this blog.  Plugins Alien Skin Eye Candy 5/Impact and Eye Candy 4000 and the font is called Updock which can be downloaded HERE.

Let's begin...

First open all of your elements and your tube into PSP.  You can use my image as a reference for what I used.  Now start a new 700 x 700 white image...we'll resize later.  Now copy and paste frame 3 into your new white image.  It will need to be resized about 80%, but I use my Raster Deform tool to resize since it prevents distortion or pixelation...simply pull the nodes in and down or up on the sides to get your desired size.

Next copy and paste your tube on the top of this frame layer.  Grab your Selection tool with these settings:
And begin selecting areas around the tube that you will need to delete from around the frame:


Next, copy and paste element 39 above your background layer, resize with your Raster Deform tool, use my image as a reference for size.  Go to Image/Flip and place it to the left of your frame on the top then duplicate it and mirror it placing it to the right of your frame.  Again duplicate and then flip it, once more duplicate and mirror.  Give each of these flower elements slight drop shadows.

Copy and paste the rest of the elements into your working image.  You will notice that the perfume bottle is slightly opaque, simply duplicate this layer several times to make it less opaque then merge these perfume bottle layers.  On the perfume bottle and the element 13 go to Effects/Plugins/Alien Skin Eye Candy 5/Impact/Perspective Shadow and use these settings:


Give the rest of your elements a slight drop shadow.

Next, add a new Raster Layer above your background layer and flood fill with a deep green from the leaves in the flower elements...resize by 90% and apply your mask, Trese Mask0048.  For precise sizing you can always, always, always use your Raster Deform tool.  I love this tool!!

Now for your name.  Be sure your antialias is set to sharp for crisp edges on your font.  Once you've typed your name using the same deep green you used for your mask go to Effects/Plugins/Eye Candy 4000/Gradient Glow and use these settings:

COLOR TAB


BASIC TAB

Add a slight drop shadow to your name.

Next, hide your background layer and merge all visible layers together.  This is where we will resize.  I resize using my Raster Deform tool.  I will drag the corners down slightly then go to Image/Canvas size and make my canvas size the size I want it.  If my work is still too large to fit into my canvas size, I will undo and then resize some more until I get my work to fit into the size I want my canvas.  You will find resizing in this manner will prevent distortion and pixelation of your work and fonts.

Once you have your tag the size you want it add your copyright.  For a neat and professional-looking copyright I use pixel or copy fonts, you can browse the internet and find them everywhere.  HERE are a few.  These fonts look best with your antialias set to off and at size 6.  For the © symbol, hold down your ALT key and press 0169.  And we are done.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and maybe learned something from it to hone your PSP skills.  Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns with broken links, etc.  Happy Creating.

Blessings,
Trese

No comments: