Monday, September 3, 2012

Soul Harvester FTU

Soul Harvester

“My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work. Do you not say, ‘There are yet four months, and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look on the fields, that they are white for harvest. Already he who reaps is receiving wages and is gathering fruit for life eternal; so that he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together. For in this case the saying is true, ‘One sows and another reaps.’ I sent you to reap that for which you have not labored; others have labored and you have entered into their labor.’

John 4:34-39:

This tutorial was written by me on September 3rd, 2012. Any resemblance to any other tutorial or tag is unintentional and is pure coincidence. Please do not claim my work as your own and do not post to any other website, blog or forum without permission from me. It is written with the assumption that you have a working knowledge of PSP and its components. It was written for PSP 9.

I recommend that you read through this or any tutorial you are attempting before starting it so you will know what to expect and how to get organized.

As with any of my tutorials when a plugin is required, change only the settings I recommend and leave the others on the default settings.

What you will need to accomplish this tutorial is this enchanting kit by Scrap Dimensions and good news, it's FTU...you can download it HERE.  Leave her some love when you download.  This magnificent art by Tiffany Toland-Scott which you can purchase at Creative Design Outlet HERE.  Please support the arts and DO NOT share Tiffany's tubes or use her art without a license.  Plugins are Alien Skin Eye Candy 5/Impact and Xero.  Mask is one I got in one of my Yahoo! groups...16PSPMask which I uploaded for you HERE.  If this mask is your creation please let me know so I can credit you here.  Font is Boundless and can be found HERE.

Let's get started...

First start a 700 x 700 new white image.  You can resize later.  Copy and paste the Misc element into your new canvas and resize it 50%.  Go to Effects/Plugins/Xero/Radiance and use these settings:


Then go to Effects/Plugins/Alien Skin Eye Candy 5/Impact/Perspective Shadow and use these settings:


This plugin may require a little practice.  There are just a couple of important things to remember when shadowing is to attempt to make your shadows appear natural and to watch closely all the areas of whatever you're shadowing.  You can view all the areas by moving the little red box around at the top of the window of this plugin...

(You can tweak your shadows by moving the nodes around in the preview window. To move one node at a time hold down your CTRL key. You can move the whole shadow by holding down your right mouse button and clicking in the middle of the shadow.  It's very important to think about how a shadow would be cast realistically and how dark or how light it should be. This plugin is one of my favorites and one I use with nearly every single one of my tags.)

Next, copy and paste the hour glass into your canvas, resize it 40% and give it the same Perspective Shadow.

Begin to copy and paste the other elements into your working image.  You can use my image as a reference for size and placement.  There is another favorite tool of mine, it's called the Raster Deform Tool, in the newer versions I believe this tool is called the Pick Tool.  I use this tool every single day.  It's perfect for precise sizing and it prevents the distortion/pixelization that takes place resizing in percentage depending how large or how small you go.   Add the same Radiance plugin to each of your elements.  I think this plugin adds a mystical tweak, if you will, to some elements.

For an even more magical effect on your crosses let's add a mist...Go to Effects/Plugins/Xero/Mystifier and use these settings:


For the other elements you want a dramatic shadow cast from above add the same perspective shadowing.

Add your tube and give her the same Radiance setting as you've used on your elements.

Paste paper of choice above your background layer and apply your mask.  Line it up with the center of the window element right above it.  Remember you can always resize with the Raster Deform tool for precise sizing.

Add your name and go to Effects/Plugins/Alien Skin Eye Candy 5/Impact/Chrome and use these settings:


Add a good dark drop shadow so it stands out.

Add your copyright taking care that it's legal and legible.  For a neat and professional-looking copyright I use pixel, copy or ceriph fonts.  You can google and find hundreds of these fonts.  Most work best at size 6 with your antialias set to off.  Note that for crisp edges in your normal fonts, set your Antialias to Sharp.

Resize and save and you're done.

Thank you for trying my tutorial.  I hope you had fun with it and maybe learned something to hone you skills.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have about any of my tutorials and please by all means let me know of issues like broken links, etc.  I'd love to see your results and hear your feedback.

Blessings,

Trese

1 comment:

Devious Desires said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! My favorite Tiffany Toland-Scott tube too!!!